Thank you for helping to eliminate hunger in Utah, Wasatch and Summit Counties.
Hosting a food drive is as simple as four steps. By following these simple steps below, you can ensure that your food drive will run smoothly and successfully.
Running Your Drive
- Set Your Goals
Setting a target will make your drive more effective.
- Register Your Drive
Register and order containers, if needed, by clicking on the link above. For questions regarding food drives, please call (801) 691-5247.
- Promote Your Drive
Use our posters to help promote your drive. Be creative in advertising your drive. Keep everyone updated on the progress of the drive and encourage them along the way to meet the goals.
- Announce Your Results
Community Action Services and Food Bank (CASFB) will send an acknowledgement of your donations. Make sure to announce the results to everyone that participated and contributed to the success of your drive. If you would like a representative from CASFB to attend a check presentation or awards ceremony, please let us know.
What’s the secret to organizing a successful drive?
- Assign someone to be the leader of your drive. Have them coordinate the drive with Community Action Food Bank and report on the progress of the drive to all involved.
- Make a challenge. Ask your organization to match donations or make a challenge gift. People are more motivated when the value of their donation is extended.
- Set a goal at the beginning of your drive, and track your progress towards that goal. Display Community Action Services and Food Bank posters including your goal at entrances and other prominent locations.
- Distribute the Shopping list flyers to all the participants.
- Remind participants of the drive deadline.
- Be sure to have fun with it. Set up competitions between different departments or other groups to create excitement. Offer prizes and rewards for the winners.
- Hold a party or fundraising event to get people involved.
Individuals and groups may drop off their donations to Community Action Food Bank at 815 South Freedom Blvd., Provo, Utah.
Dave Smith, Food Bank Manager
Community Action Food Bank
815 South Freedom Blvd., Suite 100
Provo, Utah 84601
Phone: (801) 373-8200 ext. 201 Fax: (801) 373-8228