The Home Buyer and Mortgage Counseling Program has a two-part mission:
- Empowering families to obtain long-term home ownership through education and counseling
- Strengthening home ownership by identifying resources, advocating ethical practices and assisting with dispute resolution
The Community Action Home Buyer and Mortgage Counseling Program is approved by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as a Housing Counseling agency. All of our services are available to the public free of charge – except for reverse mortgage counseling. A list of services follows below.
One on one counseling to assist you with:
- Loan products
- Interest rates
- Loan documents
- Alternatives to refinancing
Reverse Mortgage Counseling
HUD roster approved counseling for seniors, 62 years of age and older, who have a need for additional income or would like to have their mortgage paid off.
- One on one session to assess problems and benefits of reverse mortgages. Counsel includes different reverse mortgage loan programs, loan projections, community resources and alternatives.
Mortgage Default Counseling
Counsel and help for individuals and families who are behind on their mortgage payments to avoid foreclosure.
- Provide one on one counsel to assess the hardship
- Help family or individual to establish a course of action to address the problem or need
- Promote alternatives to foreclosure within HUD guidelines
- Help work out options and negotiate with lenders
- Resources available with extenuating guidelines for financial assistance to resolve the housing crisis
For counseling session:
Please call 801-691-5200