There are always ways to serve at Community Action Services and Food Bank. Whether you’re a business, a family, a church or youth group, we have ways that you can help make a difference. If you are interested in any of the following projects listed below, please first fill out a volunteer registration form.
Daytime Volunteers – Individual Walk-ins Welcome
Daytime Volunteers are needed Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. Walk-ins are welcome! Volunteers will help to unload and sort donated items and restock shelves in the pantry. Volunteers may also be assigned to assist clients as they select food from our pantry. All volunteers must be at least 12 years old if accompanied by a parent and at least 16 years old if unaccompanied. Please wear closed-toe shoes. For groups larger than five people, please contact the Kent at (801) 691-5220 or email him at KNielsen@CommunityActionUC.org.
Regular Volunteer Opportunities
Would you like to help solve poverty by taking on a committed position at Community Action? We have several volunteer positions available. Click Here for a list of available positions.
Activity Nights – Scheduling Appointments Available
Group and Family Activity Nights are held Mondays through Thursdays from 6:30 to 8 pm. Scheduling is on a first-come, first-serve basis and are open until filled.
Volunteers will learn about poverty in our community, take a tour of our programs, and help in a service project, such as sorting food, restocking shelves, or assembling hygiene kits. All ages are welcome, but we cannot accommodate groups larger than 25 people. Click here to see the schedule.
Would you like to tour Community Action? We offer tours Tuesdays at 9am and 4pm. To schedule a tour, click here.
In addition to supplying low-income families with food, Community Action Services and Food Bank seeks to meet the other urgent needs of low-income families. These needs include having access to hygiene products, back-to-school kits, new baby items, new apartment kits, and/or birthday party kits. You can help us meet these needs by collecting items for these kits and compiling them into large Ziploc bags to be given to families. Please email Kent at Knielsen@CommunityActionUC.org for more information about these kits.
Did you know that Community Action has a program that can move a family out of poverty? That’s what Circles® is all about! Circles offers people living in low income a chance to improve their financial, social and emotional situations. We meet with individuals each Tuesday evening at 6pm and help build their support group with the help of volunteers! Here are ways you can get involved:
- Become an Ally: Allies volunteer to form an intentional friendship with a family working to move out of poverty. Becoming an ally requires a commitment to meet with your matched family once a month for 18 months.
- Provide and serve a meal: Meals are a time for Circles participants and volunteers to meet together to build support and networking opportunities. Volunteers are needed to provide a meal for 40-45 people and help serve from 5:15 pm to 7 pm on Tuesdays.
- Help with Child Care: Volunteers are needed each Tuesday from 6 pm to 8 pm to help with childcare so that parents can focus on the Circle’s Meetings.
- Join the Guiding Coalition: The Guiding Coalition is designed to bring low-income, middle, and upper income people together to in action-oriented roles. They use their role in the community to gain support for the Circles Initiative and lend their energy and influence in guiding the direction and assuring the success of the initiative.
- Join a team: Teams meet once a month on Tuesday evenings and focus on the different needs of the Circles Initiative.
- Teach a Class: Do you have a special talent of skill that you would like to share with others as they work to become self-sufficient? Let us know and we can schedule a time for you to teach a class to help those overcoming poverty.
For more information about Circles, please click here.
Other Service Opportunites
Kamas, Heber, and Coalville Volunteers
Volunteer opportunities are also available at our Kamas, Coalville, and Heber locations. To get involved, fill out the Pantry Branch Volunteer Registration Form and we will contact you to schedule.
- Community Action Services and Food Bank loves our Volunteers! We coordinate their Good work with the help of VolunteerSpot.com — FREE and easy signups and scheduling save time and make it easy to organize all the people & things that help you make a difference in our communities, leagues and schools. Take a tour today at www.VolunteerSpot.com