Community Action Services and Food Bank is dedicated to fostering self-reliance in individuals, families, and communities. We do this by providing a variety of programs and solutions designed to address local needs and issues.
Promise of Community Action
Community Action changes people’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community, and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other.
What We Do
Community Action Services and Food Bank is an non-profit organization in Provo, Utah that provides emergency assistance and long-term support to help families in poverty become self-reliant. We serve residents of Utah, Summit and Wasatch Counties. Along with other programs, we operate the food bank that serves this region. Our programs include:
- The Community Action Food Bank and four food pantries. In 2011, an average of 2,100 families a month received food assistance from this program
- A Family Development Program that assists families with finding stable housing, employment and other basic necessities
- A Home Buyer and Mortgage Counseling Program that educates residents on home ownership and helps prevent foreclosures
- The Circles Initiative which is a two year program that helps individuals living in generational poverty recognize and overcome their barriers to self-reliance
- The Backpack for Kids food program which provides food to low-income elementary aged children on the weekends
Because we are a non-profit charity, we depend on the generosity of individuals and businesses in our community to make our services possible. If you would like to make a donation, click here.
Community Action Services and Food Bank is committed to maintaining your trust. Your privacy is very important to us. We do not sell or share personal information about you with other people or companies without your consent. We are the sole owner of all information collected on this site.