The Home Buyer and Mortgage Counseling Program has a two-part mission:
- Empowering families to obtain long-term home ownership through education and counseling
- Strengthening home ownership by identifying resources, advocating ethical practices and assisting with dispute resolution
The Community Action Home Buyer and Mortgage Counseling Program is approved by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) as a Housing Counseling agency. All of our services are available to the public free of charge. A list of services follows below.
First-time Home Buyers
Owning a home is a dream most individuals hope to achieve, but the path to home ownership isn’t always clearly marked. This challenge often leaves many prospective homeowners with questions and anxiety.
Through the Community Action Homebuyer and Mortgage Program, you can receive valuable information to not only answer the difficult questions you have, but also the knowledge and tools you need to prepare yourself for home ownership and it’s FREE!
Through one-on-one counseling we can help you:
- Analyze your present financial and credit status
- Teach you about down payment assistance programs for low to medium income families
- Establish a budget to help your reach your goals
- Teach you important money management skills
- Help to establish a plan of action that will enable you to become a homeowner
Don’t let home ownership scare you, call today to speak with a counselor or to register for our first time home buyer class. For a counseling session please email Charmagne at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 801-691-5200.
Home Buyer Education Course
This class covers all home buyer education requirements for any loan or down payment program. You will gain knowledge in regards to shopping for a lender and loan programs, become familiar with loan documents, and a lot more. Our teachers are certified by NeighborWorks of America.