Circles is a community-based initiative focused on helping struggling individuals and families become self-reliant.
What is Circles about?
What is a Circle Leader?
Circle Leaders are low-income individuals who are trying to leave poverty and are committed to working towards financial stability. They attend weekly meetings, beginning with a 12-week course in which they learn SMART goal setting, budgeting, and life skills, then create a plan to achieve financial stability. (Dinner and children’s programming are provided weekly.) They continue coming each week for a minimum of 18 months to receive support from Coaches, Allies, and Peers to accomplish their goals. Through this accountability process, Circle Leaders are able to increase income, decrease debt, and get off public assistance. They graduate from Circles when they have reached their financial goals and are able to maintain stability.
Interested in becoming a Circle Leader?
What is an Ally?
Circle Allies are middle-class volunteers from the community who become intentional friends to struggling individuals and families by providing encouragement, acceptance, support, life experience, and social networks. Once matched, Allies and Circle Leaders meet regularly to work on goals, address problems, and celebrate accomplishments. The influence of a friend can mean a lifetime of success for individuals stuck in the cycle of poverty. These relationships provide an important sense of belonging and a foundation for success that lasts a lifetime.
Interested in becoming a Circle Ally?
How can I help?
- Befriend a Circle Leader
- Offer emotional support as needed
- Help Circle Leaders clarify their goals and identify incremental steps to reach each goal
- Submit and pass a criminal background check
- Community Team: meets weekly to help with setup and cleanup and helps to plan Family Fun Night
- Recruitment Team: finds those who are eager and willing to volunteer
- In-Kind Donations Team: helps manage resources and meal donations
- Donate once or many times
- Donate dinner for the site meetings in American Fork or Provo
- Great opportunity for families or small groups